It’s birthday season around here.  My oldest turns 4 tomorrow and Lydia turns 2 later this week.  I have been busy this evening building the ugliest cake ever!  That was purely by accident, I assure you.  At least it should taste great.

I have been extremely busy getting ready for the new school year.  No, my boys aren’t going to preschool.  I am going to homeschool them.  I have always wanted to homeschool my children…that was before I had children!  Then the idea of the work that goes into the preparation AND the classroom management.  I have heard it said that giving instructions to a group of preschoolers is like herding butterflies…aghh the author must have met my children.  It is funny how I had given up the idea of homeschooling, then we were thrust into a situation were that was the only possibility for our family.  God has been faithful to bonk me on the head with an A-Ha moment once or twice in my life!

I am way behind in updating you.  Lydia may have had a seizure Thursday a week ago.  It was just one instance of spacing out…for about 5 seconds.  I was with her therapist at the Bell Center.  I was so thankful that I had a witness to what I saw.  There is no way to know what it was unless she has an EEG.  Dr. Cook is conferring with the neuro/oncologist to see what she thinks we should do, testing wise.  I am praying that was just a personality thing.  Dave and I both space out regularly!  It’s my coping mechanism I think.

Other than that, she is doing GREAT.  Lydia is running around like a toddler.  She went to a regular pediatrician last weekend too.  She hadn’t been to a pediatrician’s office since she was diagnosed.  I was so thrilled, yet scared to be able to take her there.  She had a green nose, so I wanted her to start on antibiotics before she ran a fever.  It worked.  No green nose.  No fever!  Just smiles!

Today, I took my younger son shopping for his siblings birthdays.  We had a great time.  I have been trying to spend some one on one time with my guys as often as I can…which is still pretty rare.  Anyway, when I got home Dave told me that he heard Lydia weeping behind the sofa.  He took a look and found her at the bookshelf looking at a photo book.  The picture she was crying over was of me.  She missed me that much.  Honestly it broke my heart.  We apparently do have some real separation issues that we need to work through.  One day at a time.  I am so thrilled to be able to hold her I don’t want to be separated anymore than she does.

I thought about all of the separation that my sons and I had.  I can’t get back any of that time, but I can make the most of the time I have right now.  It really is a blessing that the guys weren’t allowed to go to preschool.  More family time in the making.

Thank you God for this year together.  I am forever grateful.

Happy Birthday my Love’s.