Have you ever noticed how easily the torch is passed from one runner to another during the Olympics?  And the significance of one person holding on so safely and securely as it is passed to another?  Well, I want to thank all of the people who have held us up physically and spiritually in Birmingham, as we were passed with such loving care to Seattle.  We have officially arrived and were greeted with such loving tenderness. 

It all began with my dear friend Tracey Fagan, who told the owner of American Printing, Bo, who told his friend Russ Buchanan that Miss Lydia needed to be transported to Seattle for a stem cell/bone  marrow transplant.  Mr. Buchanan is a volunteer with Giving Flite, and organization that transports people in need of medical attention to a distant city.  When Mr. Buchanan was given the date for Lydia’s first appointment, he worked hard and fast to organize the trip.  He arranged one of his volunteer pilots, Joey Daley, to fly us from Birmingham to Pontiac, Michigan.  From Pontiac, Corporate Angel Network organized a Nordstrom’s plane to fly us the rest of the way to Seattle.  Both flights were wonderful. The pilots were so accommodating and loved on Miss Lydia.  It was amazing to see God’s provisions for our travel. 

When we arrived in Seattle, Sara, a lovely woman with a lovely spirit was waiting for us with open arms for us.  She got us settled in for the evening then returned this morning to take me to the store for any extra items I might need and then for a peaceful walk and talk.  It made my the transition so nice. 

The boys were excited to go to the airport. before we left and to sit in the cockpit and to pretend to fly the airplane.  They loved it, and of course, didn’t want to get out of the plane!  It was just too much fun!  David, Sally, Nana, and Grumpa took them to eat at one of their favorite restaurants for lunch.  The transition was really smooth for them.  Please continue to keep them in your prayers while mama and sissy are gone.  I miss them dearly.  Mimsy, my mom, is here with me, which makes things much easier for me.

I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to update this site.  Once we got word of our travel arrangements I was going 90 to nothing trying get everything organized and ready for travel.  Lydia is doing great.  She was such an easy traveller.  She had bright red cheeks last night that gave me a bit of a scare, but no fever and they are back to normal today.  It may have just been wind burn from getting in and out of the planes yesterday.

Please take a moment to sign our guestbook, and thank you for keeping Lydia and our family in your prayers. 

P.S.  Check out the article about Lydia in today’s Birmingham Newspaper